[Freeipa-users] Incorrect user information

Brian Lindblom brs at usf.edu
Fri Sep 13 22:26:35 UTC 2013

I've run into this exact same problem.  Check the output of

ipa user-find --all <user>

The GECOS field is probably set to the old information.  You can use

ipa user-mod --gecos="New Name" <user>

to correct the issue.  This solved it for me.

-Brian

On Fri, Sep 13, 2013 at 3:55 PM, cbulist at gmail.com <cbulist at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi Jakub,
>
> I attached the log files after doing the same test that you requested me
> before.
> Please let me know if you need anything else.
>
> Thanks!!
>

> On 09/10/2013 06:30 AM, Jakub Hrozek wrote:
> > On Wed, Sep 04, 2013 at 11:14:50AM -0500, cbulist at gmail.com wrote:
> >> Hi Jakub,
> >>

> >> Thanks for your time and tips about sssd cache!
> >>
> > I'm sorry about the late response, I didn't flag your response when it
> > came back..
> >
> >> I did the test and let me explain what I got:
> >>
> >> - After step 4 I can see dataExpireTimestamp to 1 for the user.
> > OK, this is expected.
> >
> >> - After step 7 dataExpireTimestamp is back to 0 but the user data have
> >> not changed.
> > This is really strange because if the dataExpireTimestamp was reset
> > after the lookup, then the backend has updated the entry...and it should
> > have updated the entry with the up-to-date data..
> >
> > Can you put debug_level=8 into the [nss] and [domain] sections
> > and paste or attach the contents of /var/log/sssd/sssd_nss.log and
> > /var/log/sssd/sssd_$domain.log after the request that follows the
> sss_cache
> > run?
> >
> > Also in the logs you should see the server the SSSD connects to, can you
> > check if there is maybe some replica that is out of sync?
> >
> > Unfortunately I can't reproduce the bug here..
> >
> >> The first line after the command ldbsearch is:
> >>
> >> asq: Unable to register control with rootdse!
> > No, that's an internal info, ignore this message.
> >
> >> Is it a problem?
> >>
> >> We are not using nscd service.
> >>
> >> Please let me know if you need to do some other tests.
> >> Thanks in advance!

Brian Lindblom (Smith)
Assistant Director
Research Computing, University of South Florida
4202 E. Fowler Ave. SVC4010
Office Phone: +1 813 974-1467
Organization URL: http://rc.usf.edu