[Freeipa-users] IPA Query Tuning and a Recovery Question

Charlie Derwent shelltoesuperstar at gmail.com
Mon Sep 16 09:21:40 UTC 2013

Hi

Update on the errors

kinit charlesd
kinit: Generic error (see e-text) while getting initial credentials
krb5kdc.log - LOOKING_UP_CLIENT: charlesd at EXAMPLE.COM for krbtg/
EXAMPLE.COM at EXAMPLE.COM, Server Error

Starting the IPA service (dirsrv in particular) gives

Failed to read data from Directory Service: Failed to get list of services
to probe status!
Configured hostname 'ipa3.example.com' doesn't match any master server in
LDAP:
No master found because of error: {'matched': dc=example,dc=com', 'desc':
'No such object'}
Shutting down

The errors log has a load of different services schema-compat-plugin.
dna-plugin, ipalockout_preop/postop all complaining in one way or another
about being unable to retrieve entries or no entries being set up.

Cheers,
Charlie