[Freeipa-users] IPA, Samba and AD

Fred van Zwieten fvzwieten at vxcompany.com
Sat Sep 21 19:07:26 UTC 2013

Hold on. This has, in principle, nothing to do with FreeIPA. I have a SAMBA
server that I make a NT-4 style PDC en build a trust with an AD domain. The
only thing is that the SAMBA service runs on a server that is an
IPA-client. In this setup the system is member of IPA and the SAMBA service
running on it is member of it's own NT-4 Domain. Afaik NT-4 style domains
do nothing with kerberos nor with DNS. So, no name clashes.

Correct?

Met vriendelijke groeten,
*
Fred van Zwieten
*
*Enterprise Open Source Services*
*
Consultant*
*(woensdags afwezig)*

*VX Company IT Services B.V.*
*T* (035) 539 09 50 mobiel (06) 41 68 28 48
*F* (035) 539 09 08
*E* fvzwieten at vxcompany.com
*I*  www.vxcompany.com

Seeing, contrary to popular wisdom, isn’t believing. It’s where belief
stops, because it isn’t needed any more.. (Terry Pratchett)