[Freeipa-users] ipa service-add failing

Rob Crittenden rcritten at redhat.com
Thu Sep 26 15:04:12 UTC 2013

Steve Dickson wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to create a secure NFS server so I need
> to add a service to the IPA server, but is failing
>
> $ kinit admin
> $ ipa service-add nfs/redhat-14.nfsv4bat.org
> ipa: ERROR: cannot connect to 'https://batman.nfsv4bat.org/ipa/xml': Internal Server Error
> $
>
> I'm not asking what the problem is, I'm ask how do I debug it?

Start with /var/log/httpd/error_log. This usually indicates a python
backtrace which we don't send to clients.

To beef up the logging you can create /etc/ipa/server.conf containing:

[global]
debug = True

then restart httpd. You can optionally set debug = True in
/etc/ipa/default.conf but that will put any clients into debug mode too.

rob