[Freeipa-users] Issue on import official cert of godaddy.

Rob Crittenden rcritten at redhat.com
Tue Apr 1 12:46:13 UTC 2014

barrykfl at gmail.com wrote:
> I found the cause and remove the error. ...i used the bundle cert to
> make the p12 file by official guide ...bnudle cert can use only even i
> download  another root ca cert of godday it fail says somelike local
> chain error,
> http://www.freeipa.org/page/Using_3rd_part_certificates_for_HTTP/LDAP
> Anyway  it really enter 3 entries A root CA , A sign CA , A server cert
> ... BUT actaully the singer CA not present it is actually intermediate CERT.
> I add it again by certutil  then it error gone ...but still keeping the
> 3 entries row ...no idea is the cert issue or not,
> BTW i have another issue on web ui, when browsing service tag. i tried
> to add all back of orginal IPA CA cert  but doesnt help even remove..any
> idea
> ..???
>
> Go Daddy Class 2 Certification Authority - The Go Daddy Group, Inc. ,,
> Go Daddy Secure Certification Authority - The Go Daddy Group, Inc. CT,C,C
> Server-Cert                                                  ,,
> *.abc.com <http://abc.com> - GoDaddy.com,
> Inc.                             u,u,u
> ABC.COM <http://ABC.COM> IPA
> CA                                            CT,C,C
> ipaCert                                                      ,,

It is a different error, unrelated to trust.

It looks like you don't have the private keys for Server-Cert and
ipaCert. For Server-Cert it doesn't really matter since you're using
your own, but ipaCert is required. I don't know if this is the cause of
the error or something else.

Hopefully you have a backup of the Apache database somewhere. You can
use pk12util to export ipaCert out of that and import it into the
current database.

rob