[Freeipa-users] IPA Replica Issues (Total update abortedLDAP error: Can't contact LDAP server)

Rich Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Thu Apr 3 14:38:37 UTC 2014

On 04/02/2014 09:22 PM, Nevada Sanchez wrote:
> Okay. Updated the gist with the additional logs:
> https://gist.github.com/nevsan/8b6f78d7396963dc5f70

1) Dirsrv is crashing:
[02/Apr/2014:20:49:53 +0000] - 389-Directory/1.3.1.22.a1 B2014.073.1751
starting up
[02/Apr/2014:20:49:54 +0000] - Db home directory is not set. Possibly
nsslapd-directory (optionally nsslapd-db-home-directory) is missing in
the config file.
[02/Apr/2014:20:49:54 +0000] - I'm resizing my cache now...cache was
710029312 and is now 8000000
[02/Apr/2014:20:49:54 +0000] - 389-Directory/1.3.1.22.a1 B2014.073.1751
starting up
[02/Apr/2014:20:49:54 +0000] - Detected Disorderly Shutdown last time
Directory Server was running, recovering database.
[02/Apr/2014:20:49:55 +0000] - slapd started. Listening on All
Interfaces port 389 for LDAP requests

Please use the instructions at
http://port389.org/wiki/FAQ#Debugging_Crashes to get a core dump and
stack trace.

2) The first occurrence of the connection error is at
[02/Apr/2014:20:52:38 +0000] but there isn't anything in the consumer
error log after [02/Apr/2014:20:50:21 +0000] and in the consumer access
log after [02/Apr/2014:20:50:22 +0000]