[Freeipa-users] Client Install - I'm clueless

Lincoln Fessenden lincoln.fessenden at jefferson.edu
Thu Apr 17 17:52:42 UTC 2014

Hi folks!
First time I played with this was yesterday so forgive me if I am way behind the median user here.
I installed the server twice, both times on RHEL 6.5.  Seems to work just fine and the install goes smooth.  First install of the client was on a RHEL 7 beta machine, which worked but I could not get server exclusion rules working (all or nothing), hence the server reinstall.  Next I tried ipa-client on a brand new RHEL 6.5 box.  This will NOT complete installation and the same is true for 5.10.  Different errors though.  6.5 errors out after sending xml to the ipa-server and 5.10 right after I provide the domain name.  Since both of these machines are new installs and current for the release, I have got to believe I am missing something somewhere - some missing software dependency?  I almost never have seen software in the enterprise repository that is just broken...  Help?

--
Lincoln Fessenden
Jeff-IT Production Operations Manager

The information contained in this transmission contains privileged and confidential information. It is intended only for the use of the person named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination, distribution or duplication of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

CAUTION: Intended recipients should NOT use email communication for emergent or urgent health care matters.