[Freeipa-users] External collaboration edits

Nordgren, Bryce L -FS bnordgren at fs.fed.us
Sat Apr 19 23:46:12 UTC 2014

I've run out of time for today, but the external collaboration pages are slowly evolving.

http://www.freeipa.org/page/External_Users_in_IPA

Dimitri observed that my RFE page was too long. I observe it also has too much stuff unrelated to the actual meat of the RFE. So I factored out most of the Kerberos stuff into a different page. I also tried to focus the RFE to just creating entries in LDAP for external users so they can: a] participate in POSIX groups; and b] have locally-defined POSIX attributes.

http://www.freeipa.org/page/Collaboration_with_Kerberos

This is where all the Kerberos stuff went. I also added  in "Option A" from Petr's email. Option B will come along later, when I pick this up again. Mechanism three has more to do with Ipsilon than IPA, and basic functions required of the Ipsilon gateway server are articulated there (regardless of the particular authentication method.)

Send comments to the list. I really appreciate Option A! Send more stuff I didn't think of.

Bryce