[Freeipa-users] FreeIPA + Foreman 1.5

Stephen Benjamin stbenjam at redhat.com
Wed Apr 23 14:00:34 UTC 2014

Hi All,

As part of the next release of Foreman, 1.5, realm join integration
is being introduced. The first provider is, of course, FreeIPA.  :-)

The first release candidate of 1.5 is out now and I'd really
appreciate it if anyone wants to give the FreeIPA integration a good
workout.  You can see it in action during today's sprint demo starting
at about 36 minutes in:

  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XliDyFFi-SI#t=36m00

Docs about the FreeIPA stuff are here:

  http://theforeman.org/manuals/1.5/index.html#4.3.11FreeIPARealm

If you run into any problems, I'm happy to help, I'm stbenjam
over on #theforeman or #freeipa IRC channels.

Note - There's at least one bug whose fix should be merged in RC2:
unenrolled hosts aren't deleted from IPA correctly.  Otherwise it
should all work as advertised!

Thanks!!

Stephen

--
Stephen Benjamin
stephen at redhat.com
Reg. Adresse:      Rudower Chaussee 29, D-12489 Berlin
Handelsregister:   Amtsgericht Muenchen HRB 153243
Geschäftsführer:   Mark Hegarty,Charlie Peters, Michael
                   Cunningham, Charles Cachera