[Freeipa-users] services and openSSL and stuff

Andrew Holway andrew.holway at gmail.com
Thu Apr 24 19:24:05 UTC 2014

Hello,

I would like to use freeipa CA to manage certs for our organisation.
In testing this out I have created an SSL key with the following.

openssl req -out CSR.csr -new -newkey rsa:2048 -nodes -keyout privateKey.key

This CSR I pasted into the service certificate UI and have a tick next
to "Valid Certificate Present" however I am a little unsure where to
go from here.

I assume I need to install a signed certificate with ipa-getcert
request or so but, as my understanding of ssl is so terrible, I am
unsure how to proceed.

Please help!

Ta

Andrew