[Freeipa-users] FreeIPA + Foreman 1.5

Martin Kosek mkosek at redhat.com
Fri Apr 25 08:54:13 UTC 2014

On 04/25/2014 10:16 AM, Stephen Benjamin wrote:
> [...]

Good! Few comments I saw when reading the snippet:

For automount, you also want to use --server option and --unattended option
(your version would freeze):

# ipa-client-automount --server vm-086.example.com --unattended
IPA server: vm-086.example.com
Location: default
Configured /etc/nsswitch.conf
Configured /etc/sysconfig/nfs
Configured /etc/idmapd.conf
Started rpcidmapd
Started rpcgssd
Restarting sssd, waiting for it to become available.
Started autofs

This is example from RHEL-6.5.

As for SUDO, did you test the setup? It seems to me you missed adding sss
source to "sudoers" database in nsswitch.conf.

You would also need to set NIS domain name, otherwise SUDO will not correctly
recognize SUDO rules targeted on host groups, instead of hosts:

authconfig --nisdomain example.com --update
nisdomainname example.com

On Fedora or RHEL > 7.0, you would also need to enable systemd service to make
the NIS domain name setup persistent:

# service rhel-domainname.service start
or
# service fedora-domainname.service start

and

# service rhel-domainname.service enable
or
# service fedora-domainname.service enable

All these sudo client changes will come from free with FreeIPA 4.0.

Martin