[Freeipa-users] FreeIPA + Foreman 1.5

Stephen Benjamin stbenjam at redhat.com
Fri Apr 25 14:29:25 UTC 2014

----- Original Message -----
> From: "Dmitri Pal" <dpal at redhat.com>

Yup, defaults are as you described.

SSH integration can't currently be turned off but I'll add the flag.

> We might start getting into more advanced features like provisioning
> certs for other software components deployed on the same machine later.
> That however rises a question: is there a way to record in Foreman that
> the client system has been IPA enrolled, because if it was the software
> deployed on top might be able to leverage this fact and the
> configuration of this software would be different if the system is
> enrolled or not.

Foreman keeps track of which hosts are registered, so this information is
available for use.  Certificates could even be managed in Foreman
via a puppet module (there's one out there for Certmonger, IIRC).