[Freeipa-users] dse.ldif and dse.ldif.bak are lost

artjazz at free.fr artjazz at free.fr
Wed Apr 30 16:22:40 UTC 2014

Selon Rich Megginson <rmeggins at redhat.com>:

> On 04/30/2014 09:22 AM, artjazz at free.fr wrote:
> > Thanks a lot. My answers below.
>
> Please keep replies on list, for others to see.
Sorry, I knew it but I forgot.

> > Selon Rich Megginson <rmeggins at redhat.com>:

> >> with
> master

> >> restored
> The
> >> from
> >> The
> >> accessed,

> >> Was this a VM or a bare metal machine?  If a VM, please consider not
> >> using a disk image file for the /etc partition to help avoid this
> >> problem in the future.
> > VM is a Virtual Machine.
>
> Please consider using something other than a disk image file for the
> /etc partition.  And please consider doing the same for the
> /var/lib/dirsrv data (the actual dirsrv database files).
>

> >> What version of 389-ds-base?  rpm -q 389-ds-base
> > 389-ds-base-1.3.1.6-23.el7.x86_64
> >
> >> Do you have dse.ldif.startOK?
> > Yes, I do, but when I tried to restore it with 'bak2db
> > /etc/dirsrv/slapd-MYINSTANCE/dse.ldif.startOK'
> > I have a lot of errors:
>
> Right.  You don't restore this file with bak2db.  You just use cp -p
>
> # cd /etc/dirsrv/slapd-MYINSTANCE
> # cp -p dse.ldif.startOK dse.ldif
Thanks a lot, after this action everything is OK.

Now, I have to create a Replication Agreements between ipasrv and iparpl1,
because following the Rob Crittenden proposal with the --force flag, i did:
[root at iparpl1 ~]# ipa-replica-manage --force del ipasrv.mydomain

But when I read the Identity Management Guide, paragraph 25.5. Managing
Replication Agreements Between IdM Servers

I don't understand on which machine and what command I have to execute to have
an agreement between ipasrv and iparpl1;
Currently I have:

[root at iparpl1 ~]# ipa-replica-manage list-ruv
iparpl1.mydomain:389: 6
iparpl2.mydomain:389: 3

[root at ipasrv ~]# ipa-replica-manage list-ruv
ipasrv.mydomain:389: 4
iparpl1.mydomain:389: 6
iparpl2.mydomain:389: 3

[root at iparpl2 ~]# ipa-replica-manage list-ruv
iparpl2.mydomain:389: 3
ipasrv.mydomain:389: 4
iparpl1.mydomain:389: 6