[Freeipa-users] AD Trusts: Should tcp/389/636 be excluded or not?

Mark Heslin mheslin at redhat.com
Mon Aug 4 20:21:30 UTC 2014

Folks,

Does anyone know the current disposition of $subject? The FreeIPA
documentation:

http://www.freeipa.org/page/Howto/IPAv3_AD_trust_setup#Firewall_configuration

would seem to indicate this is no longer necessary. Is this "official"
or should we block
just the Win/AD server from these ports?

Alexander Bokovoy and I were working together last Friday on a
cross-realm Kerberos trust
to an AD server (Win2012 R2) and noticed replication was not working
because I had
tcp/389 and tcp/636 REJECT configured on the IdM servers. After removing
the rules
everything is working again.

Currently, I still have the rules removed but would like to know whether
to keep them removed
or add them back in but block only the packets from the Win/AD server.

Thanks,

=m

--

Red Hat Reference Architectures