[Freeipa-users] Building previous release rpms are failing

Martin Kosek mkosek at redhat.com
Thu Aug 7 13:45:05 UTC 2014

On 08/07/2014 01:39 PM, Curtis L. Knight wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 5, 2014 at 11:26 PM, Rob Crittenden <rcritten at redhat.com> wrote:
>
>> Curtis L. Knight wrote:
>>> On Tue, Aug 5, 2014 at 7:21 AM, Martin Kosek <mkosek at redhat.com
>>> <mailto:mkosek at redhat.com>> wrote:
>>>
>>>     On 08/05/2014 12:32 PM, Martin Kosek wrote:
>>>     > On 08/05/2014 12:05 PM, Curtis L. Knight wrote:
>>>     >> #./make-lint $(LINT_OPTIONS)
>>>     >>
>>>     >> run 'make rpms' again to get beyond lint errors shown below
>>>     >>
>>>     >>
>>>     >> cd install; if [ ! -e Makefile ]; then ../autogen.sh --prefix=/usr
>>>     >> --sysconfdir=/etc --localstatedir=/var --libdir=/usr/lib; fi
>>>     >> ./make-lint
>>>     >> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>>     >>   File "./make-lint", line 272, in <module>
>>>     >>     sys.exit(main())
>>>     >>   File "./make-lint", line 243, in main
>>>     >>     linter.check(files)
>>>     >>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pylint/lint.py", line
>>>     626, in check
>>>     >>     self.check_astroid_module(astroid, walker, rawcheckers,
>>>     tokencheckers)
>>>     >>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pylint/lint.py", line
>>>     712, in
>>>     >> check_astroid_module
>>>     >>     walker.walk(astroid)
>>>     >>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pylint/utils.py", line
>>>     715, in walk
>>>     >>     self.walk(child)
>>>     >>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pylint/utils.py", line
>>>     715, in walk
>>>     >>     self.walk(child)
>>>     >>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pylint/utils.py", line
>>>     712, in walk
>>>     >>     cb(astroid)
>>>     >>   File
>>>     "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pylint/checkers/newstyle.py",
>>>     >> line 135, in visit_function
>>>     >>     args=(call.args[0].name, ))
>>>     >> AttributeError: 'Getattr' object has no attribute 'name'
>>>     >> make: *** [lint] Error 1
>>>     >
>>>     > This is new, I created upstream ticket to timely fix it:
>>>     > https://fedorahosted.org/freeipa/ticket/4475
>>>
>>>     Ticket 4475 is now fixed, thanks to Jan Cholasta. ipa-3-3 branch
>>>     should now
>>>     build OK again.
>>>
>>>     Martin
>>>

>>> Hey Martin,
>>>
>>> Tested ipa-3-3 and generated rpms from that branch. Many thanks for the
>>> resolution.
>>>
>>> Just a note, but I verified that ipa-3-2 and ipa-3-1 are in need of the
>>> same ipa-3-3 dependency patch. Both also complained that make-lint
>>> needed pylint installed which it already was. With the lint failure and
>>> rhino patch, ipa-3-2 did generate rpms. With the lint failure and rhino
>>> patch, ipa-3-1 did not generate rpms and gave the following logs.
>>
>> I guess it becomes a bit fuzzy, especially with these versions. We don't
>> usually offer any guarantees that older releases will build against more
> [...]

Your efforts do sound interesting for the development team. I would like to
encourage you to send your results to the freeipa-devel list, so that
developers can give you proper feedback.

I was already pondering whether containers could be utilized for our
integration tests:
http://www.freeipa.org/page/Testing#Integration_tests
Currently, we use full VMs and that is obviously not so fast. If containers
could be utilized, things could get much faster (I hope).

Martin