[Freeipa-users] FreeIPA and FQDN requirements

Rich Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Fri Aug 8 19:29:57 UTC 2014

On 08/08/2014 01:16 PM, brendan kearney wrote:

> Maybe I am reading too far into rfc 1178,

http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc1178
"This memo provides information for the Internet
    community.  It does not specify any standard."

I guess the upshot is - if you think that FreeIPA is being too
restrictive with its default policies about fqdn requirements for
hostnames, please file ticket(s) accordingly.