[Freeipa-users] Adding user created in IPA to end machine group

Dmitri Pal dpal at redhat.com
Sun Aug 10 04:40:49 UTC 2014

On 07/25/2014 12:45 AM, Sanju A wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> Centralized authentication is working fine and we have a requirement
> to give privilege to users for configuring printer in their machines.
> For local users, they will get the privilege by adding them to the
> local printer group (lp or lpadmin group).
>
> Is there any way to add the user to the end machine  printer group.
You can't add central users to local groups.
I am not familiar with printer configuration policies.
Which systems are the clients? RHEL? Fedora? CentOS?
In all these cases I suspect this would be done via policy kit policies
so may be the way to go is to update policy to point to user's private
group.

I smell RFE here but probably for SSSD rather than IPA.

--
Thank you,
Dmitri Pal

Sr. Engineering Manager IdM portfolio