[Freeipa-users] Adding permissions to a service account.

Martin Kosek mkosek at redhat.com
Wed Aug 13 06:44:27 UTC 2014

On 08/13/2014 02:27 AM, William wrote:
> On Tue, 2014-08-12 at 13:51 -0400, Rob Crittenden wrote:
>> William wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I am trying to allow a radius service account the ability to read
>>> ipaNTHash. I carried out the following steps:
>>>

>> You can't delegate permissions to a service. See
>> https://fedorahosted.org/freeipa/ticket/3644
>>
>> rob
>

> For now, should I just add the service DN as a member of the role to
> enable this?

Rob used a wrong ticket, this is the one:

It is currently planned for FreeIPA 4.1. If you are interested in contributing
a patch, please feel free to do so, this would be a simple one :-)

Anyway, to fix your permission delegation problem, check this:

# ipa service-show foo/`hostname` --all --raw | grep "dn:"
  dn:
krbprincipalname=foo/ipa.mkosek-fedora20.test at MKOSEK-FEDORA20.TEST,cn=services,cn=accounts,dc=mkosek-fedora20,dc=test

# ipa role-show test_role --all --raw | grep "dn:"
  dn: cn=test_role,cn=roles,cn=accounts,dc=mkosek-fedora20,dc=test

# kinit admin
Password for admin at MKOSEK-FEDORA20.TEST:

# ldapmodify -Y GSSAPI
SASL/GSSAPI authentication started
SASL username: admin at MKOSEK-FEDORA20.TEST
SASL SSF: 56
SASL data security layer installed.
dn: cn=test_role,cn=roles,cn=accounts,dc=mkosek-fedora20,dc=test
changetype: modify
add: member
member:
krbprincipalname=foo/ipa.mkosek-fedora20.test at MKOSEK-FEDORA20.TEST,cn=services,cn=accounts,dc=mkosek-fedora20,dc=test

modifying entry "cn=test_role,cn=roles,cn=accounts,dc=mkosek-fedora20,dc=test"

# ipa role-show test_role --all --raw
  member:
krbprincipalname=foo/ipa.mkosek-fedora20.test at MKOSEK-FEDORA20.TEST,cn=services,cn=accounts,dc=mkosek-fedora20,dc=test

Then, the role and assigned privileges/permissions should work for this service.

Martin