[Freeipa-users] getting auth to work with just IPA LDAP

Kat uncommonkat at gmail.com
Wed Aug 13 14:23:43 UTC 2014

Hello fellow IPAers...

Just wondering what I might be doing wrong. I have servers that just
need to auth to the LDAP username/PW portion of IPA since they can't do
Kerberos right now.

What could I be missing -- I run the authconfig to setup and verify
sssd.conf, but I continue to get:

sshd[7010]: pam_sss(sshd:auth): received for user testuser: 9
(Authentication service cannot retrieve authentication info)

The ports are open to the LDAP/IPA server, I can run ldapsearch
commands, but it just won't authenticate.

Any ideas?