[Freeipa-users] Does FreeIPA support SHA or SSHA for password encryption

Chris Whittle cwhittl at gmail.com
Wed Aug 13 17:55:28 UTC 2014

We are looking at ONELogin as well as OKTA for our SSO to work with
FreeIPA.

The way they integrate with LDAP is a little different.

The question I have is how does FreeIPA support SHA or SSHA for password
encryption?

*From One Login's help doc on LDAP*

*--password-crypt: *Defines the cryptographic method used to store new
passwords to your Ldap Server when a user changes his password on the
OneLogin Web UI. Currently only SHA an SSHA are supported, SHA is the
default value