[Freeipa-users] Installing a new Cert

Jan Cholasta jcholast at redhat.com
Mon Aug 25 08:52:06 UTC 2014

Hi,

Dne 25.8.2014 v 03:04 Chris Whittle napsal(a):
> Trying to do this
> http://www.freeipa.org/page/Using_3rd_part_certificates_for_HTTP/LDAP
>
> And I keep getting "Error unable to get local issuer certificate getting
> chain."

Where are you getting this error? ipa-server-certinstall, or httpd, or
somewhere else?

What version of ipa do you have installed?

> I'm wondering if it's because of this from the doc
> "The certificate in mysite.crt must be signed by the CA used when
> installing FreeIPA."
> but it might not either...

In this case you should get a "file.p12 is not signed by
/etc/ipa/ca.crt, or the full certificate chain is not present in the
PKCS#12 file" error in ipa-server-certinstall.

> Any ideas?

Honza

--
Jan Cholasta