[Freeipa-users] Fedora Core IPTables or FirewallID?

Mark Heslin mheslin at redhat.com
Tue Aug 26 14:22:44 UTC 2014

Hi Chris,

Take a look at the attached snippet - it will walk you through
configuring firewalld
with named chains on RHEL 7. You don't have to use named chains but
makes managing
multiple chains cleaner. Do make sure you 'mask' iptables - only using
'disable' can still cause
conflicts in some circumstances.

This is extracted from the recently published reference architecture
"Integrating OpenShift Enterprise
with IdM in RHEL 7":

    https://access.redhat.com/articles/1155603     (The redhat.com links
are not yet in place).

The context here was for an IdM server but I also used the same approach
for the IdM replica
and RHEL 7 clients.

hth,

-m