[Freeipa-users] Installing a new Cert

Chris Whittle cwhittl at gmail.com
Tue Aug 26 15:19:23 UTC 2014

This actually died after restart so I ended up starting over...

So here is the process I did that looks like it works and also survives
restart

Step 1 - Before install
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/23374894/mod-nss-with-apache-public-certificate-issue?noredirect=1#comment36504881_23374894
 -- start at Convert crt file in PEM format and do that whole section
completely

Step 2 - Install IPA server using the p12 file from before and also the
intermediate.crt from your provider (I'm not sure why this isn't documented
anywhere but I found it in my searches)

ipa-server-install --http_pkcs12 DOMAIN.COM.p12  --dirsrv_pkcs12
collectivebias.com.p12 --root-ca-file intermediate.crt

Step 3 - re add certs (for some reason I don't know but it's needed) (from
http://www.freeipa.org/page/Using_3rd_part_certificates_for_HTTP/LDAP)

ipa-server-certinstall -w --http_pin=PKPASSWORD DOMAIN.COM.p12
ipa-server-certinstall -d --dirsrv_pin=PKPASSWORD DOMAIN.COM.p12

Step 4 reboot
Step 5 You can dance if you wanna...