[Freeipa-users] FreeIPA bind also-notify behavior.

Matthew Sellers matt at indigo.nu
Fri Aug 29 19:32:39 UTC 2014

Hi Everyone!

I am using FreeIPA 3.3.5 on Fedora 20 and attempting to configure FreeIPA
to send notifies to non-IPA slaves, but it seems broken on IPA ( notify
packets are never sent to to slaves ).

I have configured also-notify { nameserverip; };  in named.conf on my
FreeIPA test host in the options section and watched for notify traffic
with tcpdump.

This document suggests that this is supported, and this is something I have
used in non-IPA bind servers with no issues.

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Testcase_freeipav3_dns_zone_transfer

I wanted to ask the list before I file a bug with more details.   Is anyone
using this bind feature on IPA with any success?

Thanks!
Matt