[Freeipa-users] FreeIPA and FQDN requirements

brendan kearney bpk678 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 8 14:57:20 UTC 2014

Kerberos is dependent on A records in dns.  The instance (as in
principal/instance at REALM) should match the A record in dns.

There is absolutely no Kerberos dependency on hostnames being fully
qualified.  I have all my devices named with short names and I have no
issues with Kerberos ticketing.

This seems to be an artificial requirement in FreeIPA that is wrong.