[Freeipa-users] sssd uid mapping from an ad trust

Nicolas Zin nicolas.zin at savoirfairelinux.com
Tue Dec 2 17:40:24 UTC 2014

Hi,

the question of the day I should say. In a Redhat7/FreeIPA 3.3 environment.
In an AD trust relationship, when I connect with an AD user to a IDM client, I append to login with a generated uid.

Is there a way to provide a custom algorithm to map the uid from Active Directory info.
In our AD, users have a specific login name: composed of one character and a uniq number. We wonder if we can translate this uniq number into a uid.
I know : another solution the prefered way would be to use SFU (Service For Unix), but I wanted to ask before.
I guess I know the answer :-)

Regards,

Nicolas

PS: another question: is there a good tutorial to use freeIPA xml-rpc api (in python). I saw some code but not so much examples (https://github.com/encukou/freeipa/blob/master/doc/examples/python-api.py).