[Freeipa-users] strange replica install error (another one)

Janelle janellenicole80 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 4 04:02:39 UTC 2014

Thanks -- still a bit strange that it did not show up on some servers -
vary random and intermittent.

BTW - a bit of information others might find useful.  If you try to use
the "LDAP" portion of IPA for authentication - rather than fulling
installing the IPA client and using Kerberos - the servers running
ds-389 do not do well in handling the load. In other words - a few
hundred hosts trying to authenticate via LDAP only will send CPU through
the roof and crashes the slapd process often.   Since IPA is supposed to
handle all options, I guess I am disappointed.

regards
~J