[Freeipa-users] strange error - disconnecting a replica?

thierry bordaz tbordaz at redhat.com
Fri Dec 5 09:11:50 UTC 2014

On 12/05/2014 10:03 AM, thierry bordaz wrote:
> On 12/05/2014 10:00 AM, Martin Kosek wrote:
>> On 12/03/2014 06:23 PM, Janelle wrote:
>>> Hi all..
>>>
>>> Was on vacation - now I'm back. Have a new problem I thought I would
>>> run by you --
>>>
>>> I have replica agreements between a server and 3 others. They all
>>> show up in
>>> ipa-replica-manage list, BUT when I try to disconnect one of them :
>>>
>>> ipa: INFO: Replication Update in progress: FALSE: status: 1 Can't
>>> acquire busy
>>> replica: start: 0: end: 0
>>>
>>> Any idea what this might be telling me? And any ideas on how to
>>> reduce CPU load
>>> on replicas other than to reduce the number of hosts they replicate to?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> ~J
>>>

>> Ludwig or Thierry, do you now? I am not sure what "Can't acquire busy
>> replica" means in DS speak...
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Martin
> Hello,
>
>     The replica agreement reporting this status is trying to update a
>     replica. Before doing that it needs to "acquire" the replica.
>     The replica (consumer) is said to be busy when an other replica
>     (acting as supplier) is currently updating it.
>     This should be a transient issue or there are many updates
>     currently sent.
>
>     May I have a look at the machine ?
>
>     thanks
>     theirry

Humm sorry, not the right approach.

I think you need to turn on the replication logging on the replicas and
provide the logs (access/errors) + config.
One thing to look at is to monitor the access logs of the replica (that
is busy) to check if it receives updates from a replication session.

thanks
theirry