[Freeipa-users] IPA with Cross Realm Trust + AIX/Solaris/HPUX

crony leszek.mis at gmail.com
Fri Dec 12 13:51:37 UTC 2014

Hi List!
Our setup is:
•  2 domain controllers with Windows 2008 R2 AD DC
•  2x RHEL7 as IPA server with domain: linux.acme.example.com
•  example.com as Forest Root Domain and acme.example.com as transitive
child domain

We have established a cross realm trust between linux.acme.example.com and
acme.example.com.

It works great on RHEL 6 clients with SSSD1.9.X. The user groups are
assigned correctly and that is fine.

The question is : What about integration Unix systems like AIX6/7, Solaris
10/11 oraz HPUXv3 as IPA clients in such configuration? I found ex. here:
http://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/Fedora/15/html-single/FreeIPA_Guide/#Configuring_an_IPA_Client_on_AIX
 that it is possible, but will it  work with cross realm?  We will not find
there a modern sssd daemon.

Have you got any experience?

/l