[Freeipa-users] Clients in multiple domains, any known issues?

Eivind Olsen eivind at aminor.no
Tue Dec 16 07:24:51 UTC 2014

Hello.

I have so far been running IPA on RHEL6, with a single domain (and a
matching realm). I now have a use-case where it looks like I'll need to
set up a new IPA realm, with the IPA servers in one DNS domain and the IPA
clients in multiple (2-4) other domains.
The servers will be running RHEL6 or RHEL7 with the bundled IPA.
The clients are running mainly RHEL5 and RHEL6, and have hostnames that
don't exist in DNS.
Are there any known issues with this type of setup? I know, it sounds a
bit hairy, but apart from that? :)

Regards
Eivind Olsen