[Freeipa-users] HOW to Add employeenumber to user easily? there is account object with emoployee number ttribute

Martin Kosek mkosek at redhat.com
Thu Feb 6 08:50:04 UTC 2014

On 02/06/2014 09:31 AM, barrykfl at gmail.com wrote:
> Hi:
>
> I can make it show on ldap browser or the ui but finding where to add it in
> command base.
>
> ipa  user-mod  ---employeenumber no such parameter.
>
> Moreover can i change the attribute just by name and make use of it.
>
> E.g. i found car license no really useful for staff so i want to change the
> label to  staff id card number
>
> Regards]
>
> Barry

I see we do not offer control of this attribute in our CLI or Web UI. Can you
please file us a Trac ticket to add it by default?

https://fedorahosted.org/freeipa/

What version of FreeIPA are you using? It should not be difficult though to
extend CLI and Web UI with a plugin to add this attribute given that it is
already allowed in inetorgperson objectclass.

Adding Petr to CC, he can provide you with an example how to add a CLI/UI
plugin to make your FreeIPA server show this attribute (UI plugin syntax
depending on your FreeIPA version).

Martin