[Freeipa-users] ipa-client-install fails on replica because of kinit cannot contact any KDC

Shree shreerajkarulkar at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 7 02:33:14 UTC 2014

First of all, the ipa-replica-install did not allow me to use the --setup-ca option complaining that a cert already exists, replicate creation was successful after I skipped the option.
Seems like the replica is one except
1) There is no CA Service running on the replica (which I guess is expected)
and
2) I am unable to run ipa-client-install successfully on any clients using the replica. (I don't have the option of using the primary master as it is configured in a segregated environment. Only the master and replica are allowed to sync.
Debug shows it fails at

ipa         : DEBUG    stderr=kinit: Cannot contact any KDC for realm 'mydomainname.com' while getting initial credentials

Shreeraj

Change is the only Constant !