[Freeipa-users] user cronjobs

Martin Kosek mkosek at redhat.com
Mon Feb 10 07:46:02 UTC 2014

On 02/10/2014 01:28 AM, Steven Jones wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When I patch IPA to RHEL6.5 from 6.4 I will have them down for about 30mins while I snapshot them in vmware.  Would userland cronjobs fail if IPA isnt available?
>
> regards
>
> Steven

I am not sure about the question - depends on the cronjob. If you kinit in the
cronjob and there will be no IPA running, then yes - the cronjobs will fail.
But if you have properly set IPA Kerberos DNS SRV records and do not shut down
all IPAs at once, kinit on cronjobs should just fallback to other IPA.

Martin