[Freeipa-users] ipa-client-install fails on replica because of kinit cannot contact any KDC

Shree shreerajkarulkar at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 12 18:10:57 UTC 2014

Peter
Actually I mentioned earlier that my clients are in a separate VLAN and cannot access the master. We have made provisions for the master and the replica to sync by opening the needed ports in the firewall. We have also opened up ports between the clients and the replica. I have tested the connectivity for these ports.
Perhaps you can tell me if what I am trying to achieve is even possible? i.e
I seem to get stuck with making the replica with the "--setup-ca" option. Wthout that option I am able to create a replica and have it in sync with the master. However my ipa-client-install fails from clients as they try looking for the master for CA part of the install.

Shreeraj

Change is the only Constant !

On Wednesday, February 12, 2014 12:45 AM, Petr Spacek <pspacek at redhat.com> wrote:

On 11.2.2014 23:53, Shree wrote:

> Following ports are opened between the
> 1) Between the master and the replica (bi directional)
> 2) client machine and the ipa replica (unidirectional).
> When the replica was up it worked fine as far as syncing was concerned.
>
>   80 tcp
>   443 tcp
>   389 tcp
>   636 tcp
>   88 tcp
>   464 tcp
>   88 udp
>   464 udp
>   123 udp
>
> Shreeraj
>
> Change is the only Constant !
>

> On Tuesday, February 11, 2014 2:22 PM, Dmitri Pal <dpal at redhat.com> wrote:
>
> On 02/11/2014 05:05 PM, Shree wrote:
> Dimitri
>> Sorry some the mail landed in my SPAM folder. Let answer your questions (thanks for your help man)
> Please republish it on the list.
> Do not reply to me directly.
>
> Did you set your first server with the CA? Does all ports that need
>      to be open in the firewall between primary or server are actually
>      open?
>

>> What I have done so far is uninstalled the replica and tried to install it again using the "--setup-ca" option. Previously I had failures and when I removed the "--setup-ca" option the installation succeeded (in a way). I understand now that I really need to fix the CA installation errors first.
>>

>> 1)The workaround helped me go forward a bit but I got stuck at this point see below
>> ===========
>>    [1/3]: creating directory server user
>>    [2/3]: creating directory server instance
>>    [3/3]: restarting directory server
>> Done configuring directory server for the CA (pkids).
>> ipa         : ERROR    certmonger failed starting to track certificate: Command '/usr/bin/ipa-getcert start-tracking -d /etc/dirsrv/slapd-PKI-IPA -n Server-Cert -p /etc/dirsrv/slapd-PKI-IPA/pwdfile.txt -C /usr/lib64/ipa/certmonger/restart_dirsrv PKI-IPA' returned non-zero exit status 1
>> Configuring certificate server (pki-cad): Estimated time 3 minutes 30 seconds
>>    [1/17]: creating certificate server user
>>    [2/17]: creating pki-ca instance
>>    [3/17]: configuring certificate server instance
>> ipa         : CRITICAL failed to configure ca instance Command '/usr/bin/perl /usr/bin/pkisilent ConfigureCA -cs_hostname ldap2.macosforge.org -cs_port 9445 -client_certdb_dir /tmp/tmp-ipJSsT -client_certdb_pwd XXXXXXXX -preop_pin OlGXcjPVXoQcuuQkGgoG -
>> ===========
>> 2) No we do not use IPA for a DNS server.
>>

>> 3)The reason for this could be that I had installed the replica without the "--setup-ca".
>>
>> Shreeraj
>>

>> Change is the only Constant !
>>

>> On Monday, February 10, 2014 12:43 PM, Dmitri Pal <dpal at redhat.com> wrote:

>                  see if FreeIPA even
>                  network and all the
>                  and the replica. The
> [...]

Shree, make sure that command
$ dig -t SRV _kerberos._udp.ipa.example
on the client returns both IPA servers (in ANSWER section).

--
Petr^2 Spacek