[Freeipa-users] authentication against compat

Jakub Hrozek jhrozek at redhat.com
Wed Feb 12 20:56:07 UTC 2014

On Wed, Feb 12, 2014 at 03:04:24PM +0100, Petr Spacek wrote:
> >For the records I figured out, that switching from nscd to nslcd did the
> >trick.
>
> BTW why you don't use SSSD? It is packaged for Ubuntu for sure. NSCD
> is ... obsolete. SSSD has some very nice features like off-line
> cache etc.

In all fairness, NSLCD might make sense for users who need support for
NSS maps SSSD does not provide (such as networks or hosts) or users who
need huge performance for maps for which SSSD doesn't support the
fastcache.

In those cases, you can configure SSSD for passwd and groups and NSLCD
for those SSSD isn't a good fit in your use-case.