[Freeipa-users] Setting up sudo

Dmitri Pal dpal at redhat.com
Thu Feb 13 23:30:37 UTC 2014

On 02/13/2014 06:23 PM, Todd Maugh wrote:
> and If I am configuring the sud-ldap.conf
>

> what should it look like does any one have an example?

You have two options. Sudo can be integrated with SSSD or not.
If you want SUDO to be integrated then this should help:
http://www.freeipa.org/images/7/77/Freeipa30_SSSD_SUDO_Integration.pdf

If you want to use SUDO independently from sssd and connect directly to
IPA from SUDO you need to configure sudo -ldap.conf and use some user to
bind to IPA. This user should be configured in the file.
See more details in the IPA docs:
https://access.redhat.com/site/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/6/html-single/Identity_Management_Guide/index.html#config-sudo-clients

Thank you,
Dmitri Pal