[Freeipa-users] Setting up samba with IPA

Alexander Bokovoy abokovoy at redhat.com
Mon Feb 17 22:21:18 UTC 2014

On Mon, 17 Feb 2014, Steven Jones wrote:
>I seem to have got a RHEL6 workstation doing smbclient to an IPA samba
>enabled server OK.
>

>Is there a way to limit some users to CIFS only in IPA?
If you file system supports POSIX ACLs then simply set limits at the
file system level, it should work fine.

http://www.redhat.com/archives/freeipa-users/2013-April/msg00270.html

>Also however my AD connected windows7 machine with winsync and passsync
>in place to IPA wont connect. It doesnt seem to like the password....or
>user, unsure...
It doesn't like SID of that user and therefore doesn't think it is the
same user. There might be other reasons too, as we still haven't settled
down all bits to enable proper Windows integration for CIFS file
serving.

--
/ Alexander Bokovoy