[Freeipa-users] Sudo denied on first attempt, allowed on second attempt

Pavel Březina pbrezina at redhat.com
Tue Feb 18 10:27:16 UTC 2014

On 02/17/2014 10:29 PM, Steve Dainard wrote:
> I can't reproduce consistently on any OS including Fedora 20, but I was
> able to trigger the issue on a Ubuntu 13.10 client.
>
> sssd: 1.11.1
>
> sudo: 1.8.6p3-0ubuntu3
>
> I have only just enabled the sudo logging so it should only contain the
> events below:
>
> sdainard-admin at miovision.corp@ubu1310:~$ sudo su
> [sudo] password for sdainard-admin at miovision.corp:
> sdainard-admin at miovision.corp is not allowed to run sudo on ubu1310.
>   This incident will be reported.
> sdainard-admin at miovision.corp@ubu1310:~$ sudo su
> [sudo] password for sdainard-admin at miovision.corp:
> root at ubu1310:/home/miovision.corp/sdainard-admin#
>
> Files attached outside of list.

Hi,
thank you for the logs. Can you also send me output of command "id
sdainard-admin" (also check if group membership is correct) and
definition of the sudo rule please?

Also you may want to fix the following (unrelated) warning:
Deprecation warning: The option ipa_dyndns_update is deprecated and
should not be used in favor of dyndns_update