[Freeipa-users] Installing FreeIPA 3.1 -> 3.3 On RHEL

Alexander Bokovoy abokovoy at redhat.com
Tue Feb 18 19:59:30 UTC 2014

On Tue, 18 Feb 2014, John Stein wrote:
>Thank you for the fast response.
>
>Some point i would like to understand better:
>
>1) I understand there is a Big dependencies issue, that's why i want to
>know if there is a repository that can satisfy those dependencies.
There is no repository for that.

>2) Are there core issues (like Kernel version) that can't be resolved for
>RHEL 6.x.?
I've mentioned them below already. The code we need from the kernel is in 3.11-3.12.

You can read release pages to see additions in each of major releases after 3.0:
http://www.freeipa.org/page/Releases/3.1.0
http://www.freeipa.org/page/Releases/3.2.0
http://www.freeipa.org/page/Releases/3.3.0

Practically, 3.1 introduced dogtag10 dependency, 3.2 -- new 389-ds, MIT Kerberos,
and Samba versions, and hard require on systemd,  3.3 -- new slapi-nis version and SSSD.

>3) What is the newest version that i can run on RHEL 6.x without losing my
>mind?
The version you already have in RHEL 6.5, 3.0, is the last one that can
be used on RHEL 6.x for sure.

>4) Will it be easier to Install IPA 3.3 on RHEL 7 (beta)?
IPA 3.3 is part of RHEL 7.0 beta already.

--
/ Alexander Bokovoy