[Freeipa-users] Windows client

Petr Spacek pspacek at redhat.com
Wed Feb 19 19:48:04 UTC 2014

On 19.2.2014 20:10, Mauricio Tavares wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 19, 2014 at 2:02 PM, Petr Spacek <pspacek at redhat.com> wrote:

>>> Note that 'host' here should be lower case.
>>

>> ... And please note that
>> http://www.freeipa.org/page/Windows_authentication_against_FreeIPA is an
>> option of last resort.
>>
>> Please use real trust between AD and IPA whenever possible:
>> http://www.freeipa.org/page/Trusts
>>
>        Would not having an AD server be eligible for the option of last resort?

Sure, when Samba 4 has an ability to create trust with IPA :-)

Seriously, if you have non-trivial network with Windows clients you really
need something for managing them - most likely AD or Samba 4. Unfortunately,
Samba 4 is not able to create trust with IPA right now.

Petr^2 Spacek

--
Petr^2 Spacek