[Freeipa-users] Allow freeipa send password to user

Jan Pazdziora jpazdziora at redhat.com
Thu Feb 20 10:29:58 UTC 2014

On Tue, Feb 18, 2014 at 04:44:30PM -0500, Dmitri Pal wrote:
> On 02/17/2014 10:51 PM, barrykfl at gmail.com wrote:
> >Is it possible to set allow password to send to user after user request.
> >
> >I used one of the self password service pwm but it seem it is not
> >compatible to retriveal of password
> >using cert request / Answer and questions retrieval
>
> Passwords can't be sent to the user. You can using administrative
> account set a new password (i.e. do an admin reset) and send it to
> the user but then user will be asked to change it on the first
> authentication.

Since I've heard the requirement for no password change forced on user
upon their first login from multiple sides, I wonder if the current
behaviour stems from some technical reason or if it's just a security
approach which the FreeIPA admins should be able to override.

--
Jan Pazdziora
Principal Software Engineer, Identity Management Engineering, Red Hat