[Freeipa-users] adding ubuntu client to red hat server

Todd Maugh tmaugh at boingo.com
Fri Feb 21 17:20:40 UTC 2014

Hello,

 Another day another issue it seems :)

so  I'm trying to set up an ubunutu client I get almost all the way through the install and it fails with a version error. Ive hear this is a known bug and there is a fix out there. although Im not sure how to apply the fix or get the older client install.

my error is as follows:

Adding SSH public key from /etc/ssh/ssh_host_rsa_key.pub
Adding SSH public key from /etc/ssh/ssh_host_dsa_key.pub
Adding SSH public key from /etc/ssh/ssh_host_ecdsa_key.pub
Forwarding 'host_mod' to server u'https://se-idm-01.boingo.com/ipa/xml'
host_mod: 2.58 client incompatible with 2.49 server at u'https://se-idm-01.boingo.com/ipa/xml'
Failed to upload host SSH public keys.

Please help