[Freeipa-users] SSSD Failover does not work

Stanislav Zidek zidek at kajot.cz
Tue Feb 25 09:28:19 UTC 2014

> Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2014 09:46:08 -0500
> From: Dmitri Pal <dpal at redhat.com>
> To: freeipa-users at redhat.com
> Subject: Re: [Freeipa-users] SSSD Failover does not work
>
> You would need to up the debug_level to 6 on SSSD, restart it, then
> simulate the situation and provide sanitized logs and sssd configuration
> file.

Hi and sorry for late reply, I've been ill and then lots of work waited
for me ;)

I tried to further debug the issue and I was able to make it work by
adding the second ipa server also to directives ldap_uri and krb5_server
(it was probably my mistake to put it only to ipa_server) - of course in
/etc/sssd/sssd.conf

Here is my working /etc/sssd/sssd.conf in case anyone finds it useful
(or someone has a comment - feel free to tell me how to make things better):

[domain/kajot.cz]

cache_credentials = True
krb5_store_password_if_offline = True
ipa_domain = kajot.cz
id_provider = ipa
auth_provider = ipa
access_provider = ipa
ldap_tls_cacert = /etc/ipa/ca.crt
ipa_hostname = <<<SERVER NAME>>>
chpass_provider = ipa
ipa_server = id1.kajot.cz, id2.kajot.cz

# For the SUDO integration
sudo_provider = ldap
ldap_uri = ldap://id1.kajot.cz, ldap://id2.kajot.cz
ldap_sudo_search_base = ou=sudoers,dc=kajot,dc=cz
ldap_sasl_mech = GSSAPI
ldap_sasl_authid = host/redmine.kajot.cz
ldap_sasl_realm = KAJOT.CZ
krb5_server = id1.kajot.cz, id2.kajot.cz

ldap_sudo_smart_refresh_interval = 120
ldap_sudo_full_refresh_interval = 300

[sssd]
services = nss, pam, ssh, sudo
config_file_version = 2

domains = kajot.cz

[nss]

[pam]

[sudo]

[autofs]

[ssh]

[pac]

P.S. I hope it gets posted to the right place, Thunderbird and digest
mode is probably not very good combination.. If it goes wrong, sorry in
advance.

S.

--
Stanislav Židek
Bezpečnostní konzultant/analytik

Technické oddělení on-line systémy
Sekce - bezpečnost
C.S.G. Software Group Limited
organizační složka
Kaštanová 64, 620 00 BRNO, CZ
IČ:27741362 DIČ:CZ27741362

Office : KAJOT Technology Center
Kaštanová 64, 620 00 BRNO, CZ
tlf: +420 515 535 134 fax: +420 515 535 134
gsm: +420 724 951 702

e-mail : zidek at kajot.cz
www.kajot.com