[Freeipa-users] SSSD Failover does not work

Jakub Hrozek jhrozek at redhat.com
Tue Feb 25 12:33:33 UTC 2014

On Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 10:28:19AM +0100, Stanislav Zidek wrote:
> > Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2014 09:46:08 -0500
> > From: Dmitri Pal <dpal at redhat.com>
> > To: freeipa-users at redhat.com
> > Subject: Re: [Freeipa-users] SSSD Failover does not work
> >
> > You would need to up the debug_level to 6 on SSSD, restart it, then
> > simulate the situation and provide sanitized logs and sssd configuration
> > file.
>
> Hi and sorry for late reply, I've been ill and then lots of work waited
> for me ;)
>
> I tried to further debug the issue and I was able to make it work by
> adding the second ipa server also to directives ldap_uri and krb5_server
> (it was probably my mistake to put it only to ipa_server) - of course in
> /etc/sssd/sssd.conf
>
> Here is my working /etc/sssd/sssd.conf in case anyone finds it useful
> (or someone has a comment - feel free to tell me how to make things better):
>
> [domain/kajot.cz]
>
> cache_credentials = True
> krb5_store_password_if_offline = True
> ipa_domain = kajot.cz
> id_provider = ipa
> auth_provider = ipa
> access_provider = ipa
> ldap_tls_cacert = /etc/ipa/ca.crt
> ipa_hostname = <<<SERVER NAME>>>
> chpass_provider = ipa
> ipa_server = id1.kajot.cz, id2.kajot.cz
>
> # For the SUDO integration
> sudo_provider = ldap
> ldap_uri = ldap://id1.kajot.cz, ldap://id2.kajot.cz
> ldap_sudo_search_base = ou=sudoers,dc=kajot,dc=cz
> ldap_sasl_mech = GSSAPI
> ldap_sasl_authid = host/redmine.kajot.cz
> ldap_sasl_realm = KAJOT.CZ
> krb5_server = id1.kajot.cz, id2.kajot.cz
>

> ldap_sudo_smart_refresh_interval = 120
> ldap_sudo_full_refresh_interval = 300
>
> [sssd]
> services = nss, pam, ssh, sudo
> config_file_version = 2
>
> domains = kajot.cz
>
> [nss]
>
> [pam]
>
> [sudo]
>
> [autofs]
>
> [ssh]
>
> [pac]
>

> P.S. I hope it gets posted to the right place, Thunderbird and digest
> mode is probably not very good combination.. If it goes wrong, sorry in
> advance.
>
> S.

Ah, I didn't realize you were mixing several provider types. It's the
right thing to do for sudo intergration with RHEL-6, unfortunately.

In 6.6 there will be (and there already is in 7.0 and upstream 1.9.6 and
later) a native sudo_provider=ipa so you'll be able to streamline your
configuration even more.