[Freeipa-users] Trying to use the CLI logs me out

Bret Wortman bret.wortman at damascusgrp.com
Tue Feb 25 18:10:40 UTC 2014

I don't know if this will be informative or not, but:

# strace -f -o /tmp/out ipa host-find zw129.damascusgrp.com
--------------
1 host matched
--------------
Host name: zw129.damascusgrp.com
   :
   :
#

I then found this pattern occurring a number of times within the (17564
line) output file:

4229  mmap(NULL, 1052672, PROT_READ|PROT_WRITE,
MAP_PRIVATE|MAP_ANONYMOUS, -1, 0 <unfinished ...>
4237  <... close resumed> )             = 0
4229  <... mmap resumed> )              = 0x7f936aad2000
4229  read(13, <unfinished ...>
4237  dup2(7, 0)                        = 0
4237  dup2(10, 1)                       = 1
4237  dup2(12, 2)                       = 2
4237  close(7)                          = 0
4237  close(10)                         = 0
4237  close(12)                         = 0
4237  close(3)                          = 0
4237  close(4)                          = 0
4237  close(5)                          = 0
4237  close(6)                          = 0
4237  close(7)                          = -1 EBADF (Bad file descriptor)
4237  close(8)                          = -1 EBADF (Bad file descriptor)
4237  close(9)                          = -1 EBADF (Bad file descriptor)
4237  close(10)                         = -1 EBADF (Bad file descriptor)
:
: Continues for a thousand entries or so, then
:
4237  close(1022)                       = -1 EBADF (Bad file descriptor)
4237  close(1023)                       = -1 EBADF (Bad file descriptor)
4237  execve("/bin/keyctl", ["keyctl", "padd", "user",
"ipa_session_cookie:admin at DAMASCUSGRP.COM", "@s"], [/* 27 vars */]
<unfinished ...>

Interesting, or just noise?