[Freeipa-users] EXTERNAL: Re: NIS Compat issues

Rob Crittenden rcritten at redhat.com
Thu Jan 2 18:58:09 UTC 2014

Joseph, Matthew (EXP) wrote:
> Hello,
>
> All of the IPA services are running.
>
> When I tried running the ipa-compat-manage enable and ipa-nis-manage
> enable they are both loaded and running.

On the IPA master you should be able to run something like:

$ ypcat -h `hostname` -d <your nis domain name> passwd

This will confirm basic operation on the server.

If you can run the same on a client it will rule out firewall issues.

Is a ypbind process already running on these clients? That might explain
the 'address in use' error.

rob