[Freeipa-users] FreeIPA Security issue : Anonymous user can fetch user details from IPA without authenticating

Will Sheldon mail at willsheldon.com
Fri Jan 3 01:23:58 UTC 2014

This is cause for concern. Is there a hardening / best practices for
production guide anywhere, did I miss a section of the documentation?

What else do I need to secure?

I understand that there is a tradeoff between security and compatibility,
but maybe there should be a ipa-secure script somewhere?

On Wed, Jan 1, 2014 at 10:41 AM, Jitse Klomp <jitseklomp at gmail.com> wrote:

> It is possible to disable anonymous binds to the directory server. Take a
> look at https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/Fedora/18/html/
> FreeIPA_Guide/disabling-anon-binds.html
>
>  - Jitse
>

> On 01/01/2014 07:01 PM, Rajnesh Kumar Siwal wrote:
>
>> It exposes the details of all the users/admins in the environment.
>> There should be a user that the IPA should use to fetch the details from
>> the IPA Servers. Without Authentication , no one should be able to fetch
>> any information from the IPA Server.

Kind regards,

Will Sheldon
+1.(778)-689-4144