[Freeipa-users] Globalsign External CA Certificate Import Failure

James Scollard james.scollard at weather.com
Mon Jan 6 15:43:14 UTC 2014

That makes absolute perfect sense.  Thanks for the clarification.
Unfortunately I have an new issue now.  Globalsign has issued me a pkcs7
certificate.  FreeIPA does not recognize the format:

[root at ldapm6x00 ~]# ipa-server-install
--dirsrv_pkcs7=/root/ldapm6x00.sun.weather.com.pkcs7
--http_pkcs7=/root/ldapm6x00.sun.weather.com.pkcs7
--root-ca-file=/root/STAR_CA-2048.crt
Usage: ipa-server-install [options]

ipa-server-install: error: no such option: --dirsrv_pkcs7

I need to convert it to pkcs12 using the converter here (awesome free tool):

https://www.sslshopper.com/ssl-converter.html

I need the server's private key file to convert from pkcs7 to pkcs12,
but cant find it anywhere.  Is there a command to export it or does it
live in /var/lib or /etc somewhere?

Thanks.

--
James E. Scollard III