[Freeipa-users] Certificate system unavailable

Nalin Dahyabhai nalin at redhat.com
Mon Jan 13 18:13:10 UTC 2014

On Mon, Jan 13, 2014 at 04:07:16PM +0100, Sigbjorn Lie wrote:
> After I restarted dirsrv, pki-cad and then the httpd on ipa01 the status of the request is now:
>
> Request ID '20120119194518':
> 	status: CA_UNREACHABLE
> 	ca-error: Server failed request, will retry: 907 (RPC failed at server.  cannot connect to
> 'https://ipa01.dns.domain:443/ca/agent/ca/displayBySerial': [Errno -12269]
> (SSL_ERROR_EXPIRED_CERT_ALERT) SSL peer rejected your certificate as expired.).
> 	stuck: yes
> 	key pair storage:
> type=NSSDB,location='/etc/dirsrv/slapd-DNS-DOMAIN',nickname='Server-Cert',token='NSS Certificate
> DB',pinfile='/etc/dirsrv/slapd-DNS-DOMAIN//pwdfile.txt'
> 	certificate: type=NSSDB,location='/etc/dirsrv/slapd-DNS-DOMAIN',nickname='Server-Cert',token='NSS
> Certificate DB'
> 	CA: IPA
> 	issuer: CN=Certificate Authority,O=DNS-DOMAIN
> 	subject: CN=ipa01.dns.domain,O=DNS-DOMAIN
> 	expires: 2014-01-19 19:45:18 UTC
> 	eku: id-kp-serverAuth,id-kp-clientAuth
> 	pre-save command:
> 	post-save command:
> 	track: yes
> 	auto-renew: yes
>
> However I cannot find the certificate that's expired?

That error message was the one the IPA server received and then relayed
back to certmonger, so I'd expect that the expired certificate is the
agent certificate that IPA uses when connecting to the CA's agent
interface.  That's stored in the NSS database in /etc/httpd/alias, with
nickname "ipaCert".

HTH,

Nalin