[Freeipa-users] sudo log errors

Natxo Asenjo natxo.asenjo at gmail.com
Tue Jan 14 11:17:47 UTC 2014

hi,

after using sudo from ipa extensively I needed to configure a local
user to also use sudo.

This is for monitoring, we use nagios.

It works but now I have lots of error messages in /var/log/messages
like this one:

sudo: GSSAPI Error: Unspecified GSS failure.  Minor code may provide
more information (Credentials cache file '/tmp/krb5cc_0' not found)

Well, yes, obviously the nagios local user does not have a kerberos
ticket. Why the error?

I modified /etc/sudoers to allow the nagios user to not use a tty:

Defaults:nagios !requiretty

And have added nagios config files for sudo in /etc/sudoers.d/

nagios  ALL=NOPASSWD: /usr/lib/nagios/plugins/check_logfiles

In /etc/nsswitch.conf, sudo looks like this:

sudoers:    files ldap

Is there anything else I can do or do I just have to live with the
error on syslog?

TIA,
--
Groeten,